ENGI 5131: Microelectronics - Winter 2017
- Final exam questions
- Project Report Outline
- Title - Abstract (summary of report)
- Introduction: summary of reviewed paper. What is the main
idea being presented? Are the results verified? What is the scope of
- Circuit design: describe and explain how the circuit to be simulated
- Simulation results: show results and comment if they agree with
- Conclusions: does the idea presented in the paper work as
advertised? Can you suggest an alternative better approach? Is there
any missing information in the paper (for example, parameters needed
to reproduce results)? Can you suggest any improvements for the
- References: include the main paper and any other sources
that you used. If you include a paper/book here you must include
citations in the main text.
- Midterm 2017 problems and
- A revised set of practice problems is now available
at Assignments and Problem Sets
- Midterm exam date: Wednesday, March 1st.
- See Cygwin/X link (below in "Useful Links") to run Cadence from
your MS Windows computer.
- A Library Reserve has been created for this course. Log
to access it.
- Office hours: Mondays 2:30-3:30 and Wednesdays 3:30-4:30.
- Lecture place and Time: SN2011, Mondays and Wednesdays from
10:00 am to 11:30 am.
- Laboratory place and time: AT 4019, Thursdays 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- M. C. Schneider and C. Gallup-Montoro, ``CMOS Analog Design Using
All-Region MOSFET Modelling,'' Cambridge University Press, 2010
- P. R. Gray, P. J. Hurst, S. H. Lewis and R. G. Meyer, ``Analysis
and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits,'' Fifth Edition, John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 2009 (fourth edition also useful)
- Ken Martin, ``Digital Integrated Circuit Design,'' Oxford
University Press, 2000 (for digital blocks only)
User's Guide: guide to set up a X-server on your MS Windows
machine (to run Cadence). Important: make sure that you select
openssh and xorg-x11-fonts-* (dpi100, dpi75, misc, Type1)
packages for installation. To log into the cmc server use "-Y"
option instead of "-X".
- Canadian Microelectronis Corporation
Manual from University of Pennsylvania