Engi ENGI 2132: Electronics II - Fall 2017
- Midterm Solutions
- Sample midterm exam (for
practice). Correction: R2 in Problem 3 is 25 kOhms (not 2.5
Results: 1-a) Ic = 243 mA, VCE = 7.7 V; 1-b) Vomax = 7.4 V,
Vomin = -4.56 V; 1-c) PDC = 3.645 W, PAC = 90 mW, eta = 2.46%;
2-a) PDC = 32.1 W, PAC = 22.05 W, eta=69%; 2-b) PD = 5.8 W (in each
transistor); 2-c) need theta_SA < 9.8 C/W -> Use HS3 (cheapest
that satisfies specs); 3-a) +-4.8 V; 3-b) R3 C = 89.3 us
- Special office hours for midterm exam: Monday, October 16th
from 1pm to 2pm and from 5:30pm to 6pm.
- Midterm exam date: Tuesday, October 17th.
- Tutorial Session: Friday, September 22 at 5:30 pm in AT 1010.
- Office hours: Tuesdays/Thursdays from 2:30pm to 3:30 pm.
- Sept. 6: A practice set of problems has been posted on
the Assignments page.
- Lecture times: Tuesdays/Thursdays from 1:00pm to 2:30pm in RB 1042.
Course Outline link
Link to Assignments page.
Link to Class Notes Page
- NGSpice: a free enhanced
simulator based on Spice 3f5, available for Linux, Windows and other
a free-of-charge spice-based simulator. Includes schematic editor.
- A tutorial on how to use LTspice from Wilfrid Laurier
University: LTspice Tutorial