EELE 2439: Electronic Communications II - Winter 2020
- Tomorrow (April 16) from 3pm to 4pm I will be available on Zoom
for any last minute consultations at the usual office hour
link: https://lakeheadu.zoom.us/j/817994468. Below
I include additional information about the exam:
- The exam will be posted as an assignment on
mycourselink. It will be available shortly after 5:30 pm. Your
answers must be submitted using mycourselink before 9:30pm, unless
you have special accomodations from the student learning
assistance. If that is the case, your answer may be submitted up to
30 minutes after the your extended time expires.
- I have posted a quiz on mycourselink with an agreement to the
student code of conduct. Complete this quiz solving the final
exam. The quiz is available now.
- The final exam is open book, open notes but no
communications. Work individually.
- Any calculator allowed (including matlab, octave, python, etc.).
- Some questions that could be considered to be more
difficult will be marked with a star (*). You are encouraged to
answer the other questions first.
- Show calculation steps and units in your answers
- Make assumptions for any missing data
- The final exam will be open notes (so no formula sheet is
- Office hours: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 am to 11:30 am
also moved online. The zoom link
- Starting Thursday, March 19, the class will continue online
and lectures will be delivered through zoom at the usual times. I
will maintain this website but will be migrating the content to
- Midterm Solutions.
- Office hours for Wed., Feb 26 are cancelled.
- New classroom: AT 2015, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00
pm to 5:30 pm.
- Check sample problems and formula sheet
in Assignments and Sample Problems page.
- Midterm date set to Tuesday, Feb. 11 (due to general student
- There was a mistake in the definition of Tau presented in the
lecture today (Jan 14). For the presented example, Tau = (RL//Z0)
C. I will clarify next class.
Course Outline link
Assignments and Sample Problems
Link to Assignments and Sample Problems
Link to Class Notes page.
- D. M. Pozar, "Microwave Engineering," John Wiley & Sons
- R. Ludwig and R. Bretchko, "RF Circuit Design", Prentice
- W. Tomasi, "Electronic Communications Systems", Pearson -
- L. Couch, "Digital and Analog Communication Systems", Eight
- S. Haykin, "Communication Systems", 4th Edition, Willey.