- Tutorial 1
- Launch Octave on your workstation
- Download and run square.m and
try the modifications suggested by the instructor.
- Download and use spectrum1.m
to answer the following questions: (1) What is the time
duration of each bit? (2) Can a signal with a bit rate of 56
kbps be decoded if the channel bandwidth is 100 kHz? (3) What
is the minimum bandwidth that (you believe) is needed to
reliably recover all bits?
- Tutorial 2: After an introduction to the LZW algorithm,
Notes Explaining Iteration Steps
- Compile and verify that the compression code works as
intended with a simple
- Modify the code to produce binary output and calculate the
compression ratio achieved with the following
- Check, compile and run the decompression program to recover
the original decompressed file. Does it work as intended?
Back to Engi 4557 page